WP Coupons and Deals just got updated to version 2.4.0. This is a very exciting release. We have added lots of new things and improved the existing ones.
Image Coupon Type
First of all, there’s a new coupon type – Image Coupon. Image coupons are mainly coupons that can be printed and used at stores.
Here’s an example.
You can set whether users can print or not. You can also set the height and width of the coupon which will show in posts and pages.
New Coupon Templates
Two new coupon templates have been added to this update – Template Five and Template Six.
Template five comes with a simple clean design and an option to change color schemes which comes handy to make your coupons blend in with the theme styles.
Previously, only template two had expiration counter. Now we have two. Template six comes with an expiration counter and good looks. Just like template five you can change the colors too.
Category Featured Image
As suggested by our awesome user Rahul Shukla, we have added an option to set category featured image. Now you don’t have to set a featured image for every single coupon. You can just set a featured image for the category and you’re good to go.
Here’s how it works. If a featured image is set in single coupons, it will be shown. If it’s not set, we will look for the category featured image. If that is set, we will show that one. If there’s no featured image in neither single coupon nor categories, we will use a default fallback image.
To set a category image, go to Coupon Categories under Coupons menu. Click on Edit for the category you want to set a featured image. Scroll down. Upload your image and click on update. You’re done.
Here’s complete changelog of everything that’s been added and changed in this release.
- Added – Option to set category image.
- Added – New Coupon Type: Image* Added – Shortcode for Image coupon.
- Added – Option to enable/disable Printing for the Image coupon type.
- Added – Option to set image width and height for Image coupon type.
- Added – Preview for image coupon type.* Added – Preview for template five and template six.
- Added – Category image in single coupons if no featured image is not set.
- Fixed – Expire data change bug.
- Fixed – Missing i tag.
- Fixed – Bug in template preview.
- Fixed – Expiration updates bug in coupon preview.
- Changed – Free Premium trial period to 14 days.
- Pro – Added – New Template: Template Five.
- Pro – Added – New Template: Template Six, has expiration countdown.
- Pro – Added – Shortcode for template five.
- Pro – Added – Shortcode for template six.
- Pro – Added – Widget styles and structure for template five.
- Pro – Added – Widget styles and structure for template six.
- Pro – Added – Option to set the color scheme for template five and six.
- Pro – Added – Option to set ‘Hide Coupon’ while importing coupons from CSV.
- Pro – Fixed – Bug in coupon codes update, discount text, and title in template four.
Update WP Coupons and Deals as soon as possible.